Modernizing the Registry of Deeds
Since 2002, Norfolk County's Register, Bill O'Donnell has:
- Substantially improved the Registry's computer capabilities and technology with new systems and equipment
- Quadrupled the number of public access terminals at the Registry
- Reduced backlogs and waiting times
- Created a customer service center
- Improved data security and disaster recovery plans
- Expanded public areas dedicated to closing land transactions
- Redesigned the Registry's website, www.norfolkdeeds.org
- Introduced online internet accessible land records and title research
- Implemented electronic recording of documents and real estate transactions in Norfolk County
- Secured passage of legislation that protects the homeowner and gives certainty to the title of one's home
- Worked to provide foreclosure assistance and counseling services to struggling homeowners
Registry operations are effectively self-supporting, and generate significant surplus revenues which support the operations of county government and contribute to the State's general revenue.
As you Register of Deeds, Bill O'Donnell is committed to continued modernization, sound management and reliable service to the residents and businesses of Norfolk County.